Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Americana Indigo Blue Armoire

I wanted to do something fun and bold and I consider the mission has been accomplished. A beautiful and intricate armoire brought to life in Americana style, with Indigo paint and a white glaze.

 
I had fun finding a few pieces to compose the Americana look.



 
I love the nautical compass knobs that give the piece a bit of a coastal feel. Knobs and pulls are like furniture jewelry.



Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the before but it had a rich walnut-tone wood, not bad actually. I drove 1 hour from my house to pick it up in Queen Creek, after cleaning up a toddler's birthday party. I just had to have it!

 


I am keeping it (of course) in my workshop, serving as storage for all my paint and refinishing supplies. I can't think of a better way to inspire my future projects.

Technique: 2 coats of Valspar Indigo blue, leaving some of the wood in the ornate details exposed. A mixture of 3 parts Martha Stewart Glaze for 1 part Behr Navajo White paint for the white wash applied to highlight details. One coat of clear wax.

 photo in-joy-signature_zps600e1825.jpg

1 comment:

  1. What a small world! I was googling images of stenciled dressers and I stumbled upon your blog. I actually live in Queen Creek and have a furniture blog of my own! http://pneumaticaddict.blogspot.com Love your work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete