Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Blushed Rose Vanity

Let me start by saying I am NOT a pink kind of gal. I usually go for greens, blues, greys, reds/oranges and pretty much any other color before I will resort to pink. And that applies to both my wardrobe and my decor. When I saw this vanity with its romantic lines, however, I thought it would be perfect in pink Blushed Rose (as I've convinced myself this color should be called).
 

The ASCP Scandinavian Pink I used here has a coral tone which helps soften the pink a bit.


My original intent was to paint the interior white and put this in my daughter's bedroom but I as you can see I took a detour along the way as the wood inside was so rich and well kept.


I love how this piece distressed nicely. I only used a sponge and water to distress because I wanted the dark wood underneath to show through. A perfect aged look!



Technique: 2 coats of ASCP in Scandinavian Pink, distressed with water, and one coat of clear wax.

This piece will be put for sale at Junk in the Trunk on November, 9 at WestWorld Scottsdale. Come and see In Joy! there.

 photo in-joy-signature_zps600e1825.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment