Image Map

Friday, April 26, 2013

Re-uphlstered Bench

Another great find, 20 bucks at Craigslist. I had been looking for a bench like this for a while to put in my bedroom.

Before


After

I thought of re-upholstering the bench myself but I had other pieces I was working on and I did not know how to do the trimming. I have a very talented friend who does re-upholstering who is a sewing wizzard and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try out her services. She did an amazing job removing the ugly fabric and cushion, and then replacing with new foam and my fabric of choice. If you are in the Phoenix area, please give her a try.


I painted before she re-upholstered and then waxed after the piece was finished.



Technique: I applied two coats of Martha Stewart Spring Melt, one coat of clear wax and one coat of dark wax. Easy enough.

I love the way it turned out. I will post more pictures after I complete the whole look for my bedroom. I want to get new lamps and art for the wall. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment